Items can be picked up Mon-Sat from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Here’s how it works:
1. Place a hold online, through the library app, or by phone.
2. When you receive a ready for pickup notification, call 205-445-1101 at least 30 minutes prior to your preferred time for Curbside Pickup.
3. Have your library card or driver’s license number handy when you call.
4. When you arrive at the library, drive to the rear of the building. The Curbside Pickup table will be located next to the book drop.
5. Locate your item(s) by last name. Your items are checked out and ready to go!
Due to demand and limited staff at this time, please expect delays up to 24 hours between the time that you place your hold and when you receive notification that your hold is ready. If you request a large number of items, we may need up to 3 days to pull and process your holds.
Call volume is heaviest between 10:00 AM and 12:00 PM. If you are having trouble getting through to speak with a librarian to arrange for curbside pickup, please consider calling to arrange your pick up later in the day.